Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We have made changes in our office to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19. These updates were made to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Masks are still required upon entry to our office, even if you are fully vaccinated. The updated CDC guidelines regarding face masks do not apply to healthcare facilities and we ask all of our patients to please comply.
• You will be asked to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to your appointment. This is required even if you are fully vaccinated as it is still possible to be symptomatic. If you are not feeling well or are showing any signs of flu-like symptoms, we kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment.
• We will check your temperature at the start of your appointment. Your temperature must be below 100.4° in order to be seen.
• Upon entry, we ask that you use hand sanitizer once you check in. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and children’s toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Our office will practice standard precautions like we always have, such as hand hygiene, the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment, sterilizing instruments, and disinfecting of surfaces before and after each patient.
• Our staff is also required to take and log their temperature daily, as well as monitor any symptoms. If any symptoms are questionable, he/she will be asked to stay home.
• In addition to proper infection control protocols, you will find air purifiers in our office and in each of our operatories to keep the environment safe for both our patients and staff.
As the world is slowly opening up again, patients are beginning to feel more comfortable with returning to the dentist. We understand the importance of your dental health and our staff is working very hard to get all of our patients scheduled. Please be patient with us as we try our best to have our patients scheduled in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in providing the highest quality in dental care and are unwilling to compromise your care in any way.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being our patients!
Lighthouse Dental Group